Associate Degree in Sports Massage
G.C. Foster College of Physical Education and Sport offers an Associate Degree in Sports Massage Therapy.
This programme focuses on the muscles and injuries specific to sporting activities.
The aim of this profession is to work with persons to maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout their life span.
This programme runs for two (2) years including summer and requires all student to attend classes on campus.
- Equip students with theoretical information and techniques necessary to make them aware of how to assess and treat injuries using massage techniques.
- Gives students the opportunity to get hands on experiences through in class practical, practicum and working with internal and external sporting teams.
- Provides students with the capability to develop practical knowledge of how to become health and wellness professionals.
- To work with persons to maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout their life span.
- To help individual maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout their life span.
Candidates must meet the academic entry requirements set by the college.
- Subjects at CXC General / GCE O’Level
- Minimum of five (4) subjects.
Compulsory – English Language
One of the following – Mathematics, Physical Education or a Biological subject.
Persons with training approved by the relevant professional body or two (2) years working experience in related field.
Careers After Graduation
Upon completion of this programme, graduates will be able to work in various fields such as:
- Massage therapist
- Sports Therapist
- Health Care Industry Assistant -Spa Facility, Hotel Spa
- Community/School/Residential Care Facility Health and Wellness Assistant
- Medical Assistant in Health Care Facility
- Athletic Trainer